Saturday, March 5, 2016

1st day of Yoga Teacher Training




The class singing "Lokah Samasta Sukhino Bhavantu"
-May all beings everywhere be happy and free, and may the thoughts, words and actions of my own life contribute in some way to that happiness and freedom for all.

Am I committed or am I attached? We touched on this subject on the first day of Yoga Teacher Training at Veda Yoga in Los Angeles, California. I felt an intense thinking. I wondered how long had I been confusing those two ideas. Then in that circle, where we passed around feelings, excitements, and fears, I realized I was embarking on a monumental experiment into new dimensions of perception.

It was so appropriate that we began with mantras on the first day, even while we practiced the physical Yoga. Mantras and music are meaning something so much more in my life. They are quintessential for our happiness, security, and success. The very nature of redirecting our focus away from doubt and fears is harmonizes our bodies and the environment.

I found myself imagining the 7 Rishi’s sitting around a beautiful, fire dedication. The teachers organized a terrific altar in the center of the circle that resonated my vision.  The Rishis’ were committed to the curiosity about the evolution of mankind. It lead to practices that have allowed many to experience elevated states of physical health, perception, and superconscious ecstasies. I felt the Shiva dance above the fire and the Rishis commit to the experiment they chose to participate in.

Veda Yoga, and its teachers and beneficiaries, are a conduit of that ancient knowledge which was passed down through experiments, practice, documentation, and repeated evaluation. In Los Angeles, California an Indian-Canadian-American wannabe mystic, is connecting to an ancient knowledge that is embedded in his very DNA.

As grateful and excited as I am about learning Yoga and becoming an effective teacher, I am more elated about the people who I will be traveling with these next few months and the incredible transformation we will make together. This is why the journey is better than the destination.

Follow Indy Rishi Singh’s  journey into teacher training for yoga or visit www.iLiving.guru to learn more - come experience a laughter meditation

No comments:

Post a Comment