Monday, September 1, 2014

Confessions of Moral Downfall - The beginning of the Bodhisattva's Vow

I went to bed last night and started the day out with a Bodhisattva's Confession of Moral Downfalls (a preamble to the Bodhisattva's Vow). It was different than anything I've ever done. I found myself saying aloud that I have committed terrible negative actions. As I made the statement that I have sinned, that I have lied, cheated and manipulated, I remembered all the times I've actually done those things in this life.

Then, I realized, that I've probably done some terrible things throughout my previous lifetimes. I remember doing Hypnosis over a year ago and finding myself in ancient Egypt. I was a cruel, domineering priest that seized control. I ordered the beheading of people and I was terrible. In this life, I've done terrible things too. I've reacted, I've lied and I've been scared to become my High Self.

As I began this process, I found myself stating the Truth. I've now repeated this 3 times, and each time I feel myself realizing that I have accrued some very damaging Karma. But this was only the beginning of the Confession.

The next part recognized that there is potential, there is joy and merit. If people can become Buddhas, if people can become Saints, or exemplary examples, then there is Hope. I spoke aloud about the Hope, that I can be an example of great merit and great Positive Karma.

The next part had me do something that I realize my mother and many people I respect do; it asked for the help of the great Buddhas, the great Saints and the Great Spirits. I beseeched them, asking that they come and guide me so that I can also become a beacon of Illuminating Light. I asked for each one, in all ten directions. And each time I spoke about them, I felt that they are listening, and hoping that I feel their presence.

The last and final part of the Confession is to Promise. Promise that I truly understand the demerits of my negative actions, in this life and all the other ones. To understand that I have Potential, that I am full of Light. To recognize that the Buddhas will only stand with me if I stick to the vows that promote Higher Living.

I've done this 3 times now… and I have to admit. I am starting to believe, I'm starting to believe that I can be a Bodhisattva. Actually, I promise that I will become One.

No comments:

Post a Comment